(A detailed version of this chapter in notes #301.013 on http://facebook.com/mehtarahulc )
Download this chapter 13 : http://www.righttorecall.info/301.pdf
13.1 So is this another joke?
The opening line in this book is “three line TCP Gazette Notification is sufficient to reduce poverty, reduce MNC-domination, expel Bangladeshies, reduce corruption in police, improve Education, improve Military etc in just 4 months”. And if that seemed as a joke, then here is a much bigger joke : if as few as 200,000 individuals spend mere 4 hours a and contribute 1% of their monthly incomes cost towards postcards, pamphlets, newspaper-ad and election contesting, then within 6 months, their actions may create an activist-guided draft-led Udham Singh centric mass movement which will enable and force Mahatma Udham Singh to ask PM to print TCP/RTR-drafts in the Gazette.
And activities that I ask activists to do involve zero donations, need zero media support and need zero funding and need zero media-sponsorship from Indian elitemen, MNC-owners or Missionaries.
The requirements I am asking for are very low. Most organizations ask for donations of tens of crores of rupees, demand that crores of citizens should become their members and also ask their members to give 10-40 hours a week and these organizations also demand media support. These organizations wish and demand that media should highlight them, and they clearly say that their success will depend on how much coverage they get from paid-media coverage given to them. Worse, their “plans” are not media-proof i.e. hostile paid-mediamen can subvert their plans. Their plan is not clone-proof i.e. their plan can be subverted by MNC-owners or political parties by creating competing clones and thus by splitting their votes.
Whereas, the “methods” I propose need much less number of volunteers — only 200,000 volunteers. My proposed methods need less time — write 25 postcards or inland letters a week and spend 2-4 hours a week in other tasks. No donations are needed — I will never ever ask any volunteer to collect money and send it to party officers. And I need ZERO support from media. In fact, my plan is media-proof i.e. all media in India can turn hostile against my RTR-movement, but then also if 200,000 volunteers are giving 4 hours a week, these mediamen will fail to block or subvert the proposed methods. And if MNCs or Missionaries or political parties create clones to split my votes, they will only end up helping RTR-movement !!
How come so small number of individuals and small number of hours are sufficient for my methods? While others’ plans need lakhs of volunteers and days of work from each? Why do I need zero donations, while others say they need hundreds of crores of rupees? Why I need zero media support and others need media support badly? Because the activities I request activists to take are all clone positive methods, while all other organizations are following clone negative methods. I will repeat : because the methods I request activists to adopt to publicize proposed Right to Recall PM Gazette Notification, RTR Supreme judges GN etc are all clone positive methods. What the heck is this clone positiveness? I have explained it in chap-14 of this book namely rahulmehta.com/301.htm . The clone positivity or clone negativity are the most important concepts in activism, which sadly most activists in India have ignored completely till date.
In this chapter, I have given the list of activities only. The clone-positiveness is explained in chap-14.
13.2 List of activities
So what are the enumerated steps I ask activists to take? I have mentioned these steps in coming sections, and also stated whether the tasks are to be done once in lifetime or to be repeated every month, along with time it would take.
13.3 Set-1 activities (time needed = less than 2 hours a week)
step-1.1 : Creating Facebook profile with alternate name as “Right to Recall PM” (time : 30 minutes, one time)
Following are the steps I request you to take
1. Please join Facebook, and in the Facebook profile, after the name, pls write “(Demands Right to Recall)”. How? Please go to “Accounts” -> click “Account Settings” -> click “Name” and add alternate name as “Right to Recall PM”. Please ensue that alternate name is “Right to Recall PM” and not just “Right to Recall” to differentiate from fake-recallists like The Anna etc , who use “Right to Recall” and never specify positions.
2. Please join the Facebook community “Right to Recall against corruption” http://facebook.com/groups/rrgindia/ . How will joining RTR community help in bringing RTR, MRCM GNs? Well, bigger the community, higher are the chances that more concerned citizens would notice it. So your joining the community will increase the rate at which concerned citizens will notice TCP law-draft, Right to Recall Party etc.
3. Join the GoogleGroup at http://groups.google.com/group/RightToRecall . How will this help me in bringing RTR, MRCM laws? You will easily get emails the articles posted. And of course, as number of people who join this community increases, it will be easier for me to attract larger number of concerned citizens
4. Please join Orkut and in the Orkut profile, after the name, pls write “(Right to Recall PM)”
5. Please join “Right to Recall Party” orkut.co.in/Main#Community?cmm=21780619 orkut community. How will joining RTR community help in bringing RTR, MRCM GNs? Well, bigger the community, higher are the chances that more concerned citizens would notice it. So your joining the community will increase the rate at which concerned citizens will notice TCP law-draft, Right to Recall Party etc.
6. If you do not know how to use internet, please ask a close friend or family member to create the profiles for you.
Please keep profile name as it is in English (because search is not possible in other languages) and the picture should be a sober passport size picture.
step-1.2: Signing TCP-petition – time needed – 10 minutes , one time
Please print the TCP petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/rti2en
How will this help us in bringing RTR? Is PM, CM etc ever going to read this petition? And if PM can send 5000 constables to beat 25000 peaceful protestors and set fire to pandaal on Jun-4-2011, will such a PM ever listen to petition? Well, petition has no legal value. The petition has advertisement value. More the number of citizens who sign this petition, easier it will be to attract more concerned citizens. The PM will surely disregard and so must he as signature on internet can be forged. But the number will be certainly useful in advertising before more and more concerning citizens. Your signing petition increases the rate at which others will notice this signature. And above all, it will not take more than 10 minutes of your time.
step-1.3: Reading TCP-draft – time needed , 1 hour, one time
Please obtain following documents by downloading or otherwise
http://rahulmehta.com/001.pdf (English) OR
http://rahulmehta.com/001.h.pdf (Hindi) OR
http://rahulmehta.com/001.g.pdf (Gujarati) .
and please read aloud the draft of TCP, the first proposed law-draft given in the above document
step-1.4: Getting answers to questions on TCP-draft – time – 30 minutes or more, one time
If you have any questions on proposed new law-draft TCP, please do call any RRP volunteer in your District, State or India, or call me, Rahul Mehta at 98251-27780. You can obtain names of RRP volunteers from Facebook community “Right to Recall Against Corruption” and from http://forum.righttorecall.info .
step-1.5 : Watch YouTube videos related to RTR and show to all.
Watch one video a week on RTR topic suggested by fellow RTR-activists.
step-1.6 writing postcards or letters to PM/CM (1 hour , one time)
Please send a letter to PM and CM asking him to print TCP law-draft. The letter can have full TCP draft or may have just one line : “if and when you are convinced that 37 crore citizen voters of India support the Gazette Notification given at http://petitiononline.com/TCPen/ or http://rahulmehta.com/002.pdf please print that notification” would suffice. If possible, please put xerox of voter-ID in the letter. In the letter to PM\CM, the last line must be “cc: Mahatma Udham Singh”.
Please send a letter to local MP, MLA, Corporator, Mayor etc to ask PM, CM to print TCP in Gazette Notification. The letter will have only one line : “when you are convinced that majority citizen voters in your area want the GN proposed at http://petitiononline.com/TCPen/ , please ask PM to print that GN”. and nothing more. And ask him why he opposed Right to Recall PM, Right to Recall CM, Right to Recall MP, Right to Recall MLA etc. Ask him, “does he oppose RTR because that would reduce bribes they collect?” The tone before MPs, MLAs etc should be insulting and intimidating. If a person in power is opposing Right to Recall, citizens have moral right to insult him.
Purpose: The PM and his staff will not notice one or two or 10 letters, but will surely notice 100s letters with same content.
step-1.7 : The most important step : sending 25 postcards or inland letters or pamphlets to voters chosen at random from voter list every week – time needed – 60 min/week.
This (and/or step-1.5) is the most important step and sadly, least number of activists are putting least number of hours behind this step.
Why send petty things like postcards? Because that is only way a poor man can contribute to the movement.
RTR will never get media-support and so we Recallists need to create a new mass-media that informs citizens about RTR-drafts and that mass-media must not have any centralized control. We have internet as one media. But some 95% citizens of India don’t have internet and so emails and YouTube videos will never reach them. Hence only ways to reach them is by sending postcards (or inland letters or pamphlets) or advertisements on newspapers, TV channels or hoardings, and all expect postcards, pamphlets are expensive and cant be run at with small money at small scale in an individualized or un-centralized way
And the most important plus point of “postcards to voters” is that even a poor person who can spare barely Rs 5 a month can also contribute. In other mechanisms to reach the poor, like newspaper ad or hoardings or TV channels etc , either one person has to either pay huge costs or collect donations to distribute the load. The collection will create too much wastage of time as well as possibility of corruption and siphoning of funds, resulting in loss of trust amongst activists. Instead, in case of postcards, each person spends on his own and no time is wasted in co-ordination. So postcards is superior than hoardings and TV-advertisements.
Further, “postcards to voters” can be run by 1000s of unconnected activists with no centralized control or even decentralized control — each activist working at small scale. Forget centralized control, I want movement to zero control – i.e. each person who contributes time and money must have his own full control over his time and his money, and no one else should have any control over it. The “postcards and inland letters to voters” is least unideal.
Further, a postcard or an inland letter reaches home and will be read by everyone in the home and it will stay in the drawing room for a few days. A TV-channel advertisement comes and goes away in seconds and then gets erased from the mind. A hoarding too is visible for a few seconds and then gets replaced by sight of another hoarding. Postcard or inland letter not only stays for a few days, some politically active persons may show the contents to neighbors as well. Plus, one line in the post card can be “pls show this postcard to all neighbors” and “pls write such 10 postcards”. Now less than 2% of them will do so. But this number in case of TV-advertisements will be 0%.
The steps I propose in sending postcards are
1. Please buy or download a voter list of any area or contact near by political party office and get some pages of voter list xeroxed. If a person can spare only Rs 5 per month, I request him to xerox just 10 pages of the voter list.
2. Please pick any page at random. It is must that you pick page at random. Why? Because if 10 activists decide to write 100 postcards from voter list of 50000 voters, and if all 10 activists start from page-1, then person on page-1 will bet 10 letters and the one in end will get almost none. So it is necessary to jump to a page at random and send letters.
3. Please pick page randomly only once and then follow serially, and when you reach end of list, pls move to first page. Why pick random page only once? Because when you pick a page randomly, chances that first of last page will be selected are next to zero, and the chances that pages in middle will be selected are high.
4. Please send N postcards or inland letters every week. N is your choice. If a person wants to spare only Rs 5 per month, he may send only 10 postcards a month.
5. The postcards will cost 50 paise and one may need to pay 75 paise to someone to get them written. The inland letter will cost Rs 2.50 and will cost Rs 0.50 for printing , writing address and folding. The advantage of inland letter is that it would take less time. Even if you get people to get postcards written, managing them would consume some time. Where as contents on inland letters can be printed by printers.
This paragraph is being written on Jun-29-2011. I have personally written some 100-200 postcards in past 6 months and had hired one person who wrote some 2000-3000 postcards. I have been publicizing “postcards to citizens” approach since jan-2011. Despite my full efforts, I think, not even 20 activists have started writing postcards. Why? Why are activists who spend 10s of hours a week do not spend 1 hr in writing postcards? Because the activists do not realize is that – postcards (and inland letters) are the only way to reach bottom 95% . And it is not just necessary that people in bottom 95% know what Right to Recall is, but it should be clear to most of them that most of them do know what RTR is. And it should be clear to them that PM, CMs, MLAs, MPs and intellectuals are opposing RTR. This is what I call as creating atmosphere (aka “maahoul” in Hindi). Creating maahoul aka atmosphere requires widespread campaign via paid-news and advertisements in newspapers, TV-channels, magazines. Those who can sponsors TV-channels and newspapers will never support RTR and so the activists who want this will need work without media. Which is why it is must for activists to send postcards or letters to citizens so that it becomes media of its own.
I request all Recallists to ask mediamen to print/put information on Right to Recall in their newspapers, magazines and TV channels. I request all Recallists to ask mediamen so that Recallists can see for themselves that mediamen are hostile to RTR proposals. Why? Because one of the proposal is RTR over Doordarshan Chairman. When then comes, Doordarshan will improve and ability of all mediamen to twist/hide news will decrease. And when that happens, incomes of mediamen will decrease. Or may be, we Right to Recall is a bad idea. Whatever may be the reason, mediamen will never support RTR.
While sad part is that mediamen will never ever support RTR, a ray of hope is that — there perhaps exists a way by which RTR movement can be raised without any support from media. And that way is “postcards to voters”. If 200,000 activists are sending say 100 postcards or inland letters or magazines every month, then every month, some over 1 cr families would get some information on what is Gazette, what is proposed RTR GN, what is proposed Mineral Royalties for Citizens GN draft etc. This is more powerful than all media put together. This will be sufficient to raise mass-movement in 6 months that would force PM, CM to printing Gazette Notification. But if crores of citizens have no information on what is Gazette Notification means and what proposed TCP, MRCM etc GNs are then mass-movement will never happen. So sending postcards are must to generate this mass movement.
Then why are activists not interested in sending postcards? They speak hours over phones, spend hours over net and spend hours in giving talks in meets. But why do they become lazy when to comes to writing postcards.
When activists campaigning for RTR GN-drafts speak on phone or internet, they can see the results right away — they see that one person was given the information. But when he is sending postcards, he doesn’t see the receiver nor does he know if the receiver at all read it and what he thought. Talking over phone or net also gives a feeling that someone heard him and too his notice. Whereas in sending postcards, there is no feedback that he was noticed. But the activists are not realizing that if all activists confine the talks to people within their social reach, then information will never reach the citizens in bottom 95%. Once activists ask themselves “what did I do to take the information about Gazette Notification, proposed TCP GN etc to bottom 95%”, then only he will realize that postcard or letter sending is important.
And the hardest part in writing postcards to 25-50 randomly chosen citizens a week is — one needs to forget his identity for 4 hours a week. It is not easy to act like virus — retain memory, retain intelligence and forget identity. It will be a long time before activist learns that he must forget his identity 4 hours a week to become a Recallist. And only after that postcard writing will happen.
All in all, if activists refuse to write postcards, RTR Movement will never ever take off. And there is nothing I can do more to convince activists to write postcards except making requests.
step-1.8 : The second most important step : sending pamphlets to N voters from voter list every month or year (time : 10 hours)
I request activist to tie up with a person who owns small magazine and start their own Right to Recall Magazine. The printing cost of 1000 copies of 32-page magazine will be about Rs 3 per copy on newsprint quality paper and Rs 5 on a good quality paper. The distribution cost to voters from voter list will be 25 paise because if a magazine is registered magazine, post department delivers it for 25 paise. This step is expensive and not for all activists. It is for those who are willing to spend Rs 1000 a month or Rs 10000 a year. If magazine is not registered, then activists will need to hand deliver in a small area.
OR / AND
Please print and distribute pamphlets promoting any law-draft that you think will reduce poverty and corruption in India.
step-1.9 : Attend one garden meeting or other meeting a month on RTR on Saturdays and/or Sundays or any day , once a month or more often (4 hours per month)
Ask local RTR coordinator when\where local meetings are held. The local coordinator can announce meeting on Facebook or other sites and inform local RTR-activists about when\where meeting is held. I request the meeting in-charge to keep log of number of minutes a person spends in attending the meeting. The speaking quota of person will be equal to number of minutes he has attended the meeting in past. Eg Say 4 persons A, B, C and D are attending the meeting , and in past they have attended meetings for say 100, 200, 300, 400 minutes. And say meeting is going to be 100 minute long. Then A, B, C and D will each speak for 10, 20, 30 and 40 minutes each. The sequence will be decided at random. A person may pass his turn in which case next person will speak, and person can transfer his quota to another person by asking question of making request. Eg say D has quota of 40 minutes and his turn to speak comes. He can ask a question to A, B or C or ask allocate time of say 10 minutes. In that case 10 minutes of D are transferred to A, A can now speak for 10 minutes and must stop or he will be fined and quota of D deceases by 10 minutes. The speaking-minutes will be use or carry-forward for at most two meetings or lose. Any interruption should be fine of 1 minute plus twice of minutes interrupted, and meeting should last that many minutes lesser. Eg if D was speak for 40 minutes, and he interrupts, his speaking quota should become 39 minutes.
The in-charge and participants must keep tight log of meeting attending time and speaking time. In meeting, each person must get speaking time equal to time he has attended. This rule is important to avoid unfairness in agenda setting.
One volunteer should pay for all tea-snacks, and he should gte no extra speaking time or any benefit for this charity.
step-1.10 : If elections are going on, then pls find out which candidates in your area or your near by area have worked to spread information on Right to Recall drafts. Via net or otherwise, pls get hold of his pamphlets and distribute his 10-20-1000 pamphlets , as you may wish
step-1.11 : If elections are going on, and the candidate is far away, pls download or obtain voterlist and send 10-20 or as many as you want inland letters to voters in his constituency.
step-1.12 : Speaking to local party members (2 hours per month)
Every month, personally contact at least one near by grass root political party member and ask him why his party is opposing Right to Recall PM draft, Right to Recall District Education Officer draft, TCP draft, MRCM draft etc. You should meet one worker every month and ask him to ask his MLA, MP etc to enact these law-draft. Please be polite to all grass root workers.
step-1.13 : Writing postcards, emails to every newspaper, newsmagazine, TV channels etc (1 hour a month)
Please write letter or postcard or email or phone-call to every newspaper/magazine you read or every TV-channel to you watch to hold debate on Right to Recall PM draft, Right to Recall Supreme Court judge draft, RTR Lokpal, Jury System, Causes of Inflation etc
step-1.14 : Attend meetings of as many NGOs as possible and ask them why do not want to support Right to Recall PM drafts, Right to Recall Lokpal draft, Right to Recall Supreme Court Chief judge draft in this life time. The time needed is say 2 hours a month.
13.4 List of all set-1 activities
Here is the list of all set-I activities
|#||Activist summary||Date done|
|1.1||Join http://facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_154461117936671Join http://groups.google.com/group/RightToRecallJoin orkut.co.in/Main#Community?cmm=21780619|
|1.2||Please print the TCP petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/TCPenUnderstand TCP given in above doc|
|1.3||Download and read http://rahulmehta.com/001.pdf , http://rahulmehta.com/001.h.pdf , http://rahulmehta.com/001.g.pdf|
|1.4||Getting answers to questions on TCP-draft – time – 30 minutes or more, one time|
|1.5||Watch YouTube videos related to RTR and show to all.|
|1.6||writing postcards or letters to PM/CM|
|1.7||The most important step : sending 25 postcards or inland letters or pamphlets to voters chosen at random from voter list every week – time needed – 60 min/week.|
|1.8||The second most important step : sending pamphlets to N voters from voter list every month or year|
|1.9||Join at least 5 internet communities of different political party or political NGOs and write one thread on RTR in one of them every month|
|1.10||If elections are going on, then pls find out which candidates in your area or your near by area have worked to spread information on Right to Recall drafts. Via net or otherwise, pls get hold of his pamphlets and distribute his 10-20-1000 pamphlets , as you may wish|
|1.11||If elections are going on, and the candidate is far away, pls download or obtain voterlist and send 10-20 or as many as you want inland letters to voters in his constituency.|
|1.12||Speaking to local party members (2 hours per month)|
|1.13||Writing postcards, emails to every newspaper, newsmagazine, TV channels etc (1 hour a month)|
|1.14||Attend meetings of as many NGOs as possible and ask them why do not want to support Right to Recall PM drafts, Right to Recall Lokpal draft, Right to Recall Supreme Court Chief judge draft in this life time. The time needed is say 2 hours a month.|
13.5 Set-2 activities (time needed = 8 hours per week or more)
The first set of activities need 4 hours a week and hardly Rs 10 to Rs 200 per month. The second set of activities are for those who want to contribute more time/money. The first list of activities are for voters, the second list is for election-activists. The activity steps will make it clearer.
These steps will also enable activists to find more activists. One can always try to convince someone that he should spend 4-8 hours a week to fix the nation. But IMO, instead of trying to convert a non-activists into activist, it would less unproductive to spend time in finding activist (i.e. person who is already spending N hours a week) and then requesting him to add RTR-drafts in his activities. A non-activist may become activist, but something that is outside anyone’s powers. Where as asking activists to add an alternative is easy, because activist himself is eagerly looking for alternatives.
step-2.1 : Download rahulmehta.com/rrp_questions.pdf . Try to answer at least one question a day (time : 10 minutes a day)
This PDF has questions on Indian Economy, Indian Politics, World Economy, World Politics, World Economy and Gazette Notification drafts RRP has proposed to reduce the problems of India and improve Indian Military. All questions are open-internet. Pls attempt at least open question a day. As movement advances, much of the information passing will be via asking questions and asking each to seek answers.
step-2.2 : Finding more activists :- How to find more persons who may be willing to spend time in reducing corruption, reducing poverty, reducing MNC domination over judges, Ministers etc, improving Education, improving Military etc ? Here are some steps I propose
1. Pls join at least 5-10 Facebook/Orkut communities of other political groups such as groups of political parties or NGOs or any political groups.
2. Pls read the posts of members in these communities. See if you think that postor may be interested in reducing corruption, poverty. If yes, pls send him a message explaining TCP, RTR etc. Pls send scrap to 10 persons every month. On an average, about 1-2 will reply.
3. Upon reply, pls explain them how TCP etc law-draft can reduce corruption, poverty.
4. Pls do not ask him to leave his group and join RRP. We will never have money, offices and staff to house 1000s of activists. Instead pls ask him if can add TCP, RTR etc drafts in his party’s manifesto.
step-2.3 : Attend RRP meetings at any near by place. If there are no RRP meetings, pls hold RRP meetings at a near by garden once a month.
It not necessary just to exist, but those who are looking for alternatives must also know that alternative exists. Unlike Anna and team, we will never ever have sponsorship from MNCs which would inform citizens about RTR. So garden meeting is first hand way to let many who come to garden that RRP alternative exists.
step-2.4 : Large scale pamphlet distribution
1. The .pdf as well as mirrors of the pdfs of the pamphlets I have written are on my website http://rahulmehta.com . You may download them
2. Make xerox or offset of the pamphlets, and distribute 1000-2000 pamphlets in your area at bus stands or by selecting randomly selecting voters from voter-list
3. If you can spare more time, please register a magazine so that you send pamphlets at 25 paise per pamphlets by post to voters in the voter list.
step-2.5: Newspaper advertisement
A good newspaper advertisement will cost Rs 50,000/- to Rs 200,000. So if you decide to spend Rs 1000 a month i.e. say Rs 12000 a year, then pls find some 10-30 volunteers like you, chip in six months’ funds i.e. about Rs 6000 each and give a newspaper ad on Right to Recall PM, Right to Recall judges, Right to Recall Lokpal, MRCM etc. And then for next 6 months, spend no money except Rs 100 on postcards.
Why are newspaper advertisement must ?
It not just necessary that crores of citizens know what RTR-drafts are, but crores of citizens must also know that crores of citizens already know. And that’s where newspaper advertisements are must. Say I send 1 lakh pamphlets on RTR. Then these 1 lakh citizens know about RTR. But these 1 lakh citizens have no way to know that 1 lakh citizens know about RTR, as they cant know or verify how many pamphlets I distributed.
But when an advertisement is given in the front page of newspaper, every reader of that newspaper knows that the ad reached every other reader of that newspaper. That’s why I request all activists to spend half the money they have decided to spend in newspaper advertisements. Chap-10 explains in detail why newspaper ads are must.
step-2.6 : Pamphlet, inland letter etc distribution during election time
If it is election time, then pls find which of the candidate has worked most in campaigning for RTR. Pls obtain one copy of his pamphlet from internet or otherwise and make 10-100 or as many or as few copies you wish to make and distribute it. If the candidate is far away, pls download voter list and send inland letters to voters chosen at random from the list.
step-2.7 : Newspaper ad during election time
A good newspaper advertisement will cost Rs 50,000/- to Rs 200,000. So if you decide to spend Rs 1000 a month i.e. say Rs 12000 a year, then pls find some 10-30 volunteers like you, chip in six months’ funds i.e. about Rs 6000 each and give a newspaper ad on Right to Recall PM, Right
If it is election time, pls give
to Recall judges, Right to Recall Lokpal, MRCM etc. And then for next 6 months, spend no money except Rs 100 on postcards.
13.6 Summary of List-1 and List-2 : over all plan for activists
Following are the type of monthly activists and plan I propose for them
|(A) Rs 10per month||(B) Rs 100per month||(C) Rs 1000per month||(D) Rs 5000per month|
|(1)5 hours per month||set-A1(1) read RRP drafts(2) write 20 postcards per month
(3) attend one garden meeting
|set-B1(1) read RRP drafts(2) write 20 postcards and 30 inland letters per month
(3) attend one garden meeting
|set-C1(1) read RRP drafts(2) send 10 post cards a month
(3) distribute 1000 pamphlets every 2 months
(4) contribute Rs 6000 for one newspaper ad a year
|set-D1(1) read RRP drafts(2) send 10 post cards a month
(3) distribute 5000 pamphlets every 2 months
(4) contribute Rs 30,000 for one newspaper ad a year
|(2)10 hours per month||set-A2above, plus(4) read RRP questions (step-2.1)
(5) attend two garden meetings a month
|set-B2above, plus(4) read RRP questions (step-2.1)
(5) attend two garden meetings a month
|set-C2above, plus(5) read RRP questions (step-2.1)
(6) attend two garden meetings a month
|set-D2above, plus(5) read RRP questions (step-2.1)
(6) attend two garden meetings a month
|(3)20 hours per month||set-A3above, plus(6) watch RRP video||set-B3above , plus(6) watch RRP video||set-C3above plus(7) watch RRP video||set-D3above plus(7) watch RRP video|
|(4)40 hours per month||set-A4above, plus(7) write articles on RRP||set-B4above , plus(7) write articles on RRP||set-C4above , plus(8) write articles on RRP
(9) Consider contesting elections (see List-3 activities)
|set-D4above , plus(8) write articles on RRP
(9) Consider contesting elections (see List-3 activities)
13.7 Election contesting and other List-3 activities
The List-3 activities are for those who have agreed to contest (i.e. lose) election on RTR plank. Easier said than done — the costs will be terrible. It may lead to a life worse than Mahatma Batukeshwar Dutt. Pls google on “Batukeshwar Dutt” and get more information on him. Who was Mahatma Batukeshwar Dutt? In case you asked this question, then that that partly answers second question “how sad his life and death were?”.
From what I had read in 1988, still remember and later found on net, Mahatma Dutt was born in 1910 and he finished his metric from P.P.N. High School in Kanpur. Back then finishing metric was sufficient to get a very well paying job. But Mahatma Dutt decided not to take any well paying job and decided to fight against the British. Mahatma Dutt became colleague of Mahatma Bhagat Singh. They together threw a bomb in National Assembly in 1929, for which he knew he could have been hanged. But he was not hanged, but instead he was sentenced life imprisonment because no motive to kill anyone was found in the Assembly Bombing case. Mahatma Bhagat Singh was sentenced for death for committing vadh of a police officer named Sanders. Mahatma Dutt was also tried for killing Sanders, but Mahatma Dutt was not involved and so was not sentenced for this action. Mahatma Dutt was sent to Kala Paani – the real prison, not some luxury prison where British used to keep Duratma Gandhi or Jawaharlal Ghazi. In the prison, he got infected with tuberculosis and was released in 1940. He then participated in Quit India movement and was sentenced for prison for 3 years. After freedom, he got married. Despite high school education, which back then, was sufficient to get a well paying office job, Mahatma Dutt had to earn living by selling vegetables !! Most likely, the prison had made him incapable of an office job or business. From what I heard from my father’s old freedom fighter friends, Mahatma Dutt was trying to spread information on Right to Recall in 1950s. After all, Guru of Mahatma Dutt, Mahatma Sachindranath Sanyal and Mahatma Chandrashekhar Azad had predicted in 1925 in that “elections without Right to Recall would be mockery”. But efforts of Mahatma Dutt got sidelined because of Jaiprakash Narayan. In 1964, Mahatma Dutt passed away in near anonymity in a general ward of AIIMS, New Delhi.
Now a novice reader may ask “well, Mahatma Dutt could not have been so poor because Mahatma Dutt must have been getting Freedom Fighter pension”. Well, Freedom Fighter pension scheme did not start till 1971 and Mahatma Dutt had passed away in 1964. Why did the scheme start so late? Many Freedom Fighter had lost physical health, mental health, property and some and even become handicapped. But Jawaharlal Ghazi (grandson of Gyasuddin Ghazi and the first Indian Prime Minister), refused to give create any pension scheme for freedom fighters. Because if pension were give to freedom fighters, then they would have felt economically safer, and many freedom fighters would have entered into politics and could have cut Congress votes. So Jawaharlal Ghazi opposed pension for freedom fighters. But Indira Amma saw the need, and so she started pension scheme in 1971.
Mahatma Dutt was not honored at all during his lifetime because giving him honor and publicity could have given him platform in politics which would have cut the influence of the then leaders. So all the then leaders must have strongly discouraged mediamen from giving publicity to Mahatma Dutt. He was not praised much in media till he died, because if he had been praised, then a question that “what are you doing for him now” would have come up. In general, poets etc prefer to praise dead heroes than living ones because praising living ones can cut influence of existing powerful politicians and create uneasy questions. But I request readers to note one thing. In 1950s, if Dutt had touched feet of Jawaharlal Ghazi and joined Congress, Congress would have at least made him an MLA and capitalized on his image to gain votes across India. Congressmen must have asked Mahatma Dutt to join Congress and offered him money as well as seat in 1950s. But Dutt did not sell out in 1950s or even in 1960s. Mahatma Dutt remained committed to people of India, even in extreme poverty and extreme hopelessness and even after it was clear to him that people of India had ditched him.
Comparing martyrs and deciding which martyr is above whom or below whom is not pleasant and also inaccurate. But in some ways, I consider Mahatma Dutt above Mahatma Bhagat Singh. Mahatma Dutt passed some very difficult tests in his life which Mahatma Bhagat Singh never had to face. Eg. In 1950s, if Mahatma Dutt had touched feet of the then Prime Minister Jawaharlal Ghazi and joined Congress, Congress would have at least made him an MLA and capitalized on his image to gain votes across India. Congressmen must have asked Dutt to join Congress and offered him money as well as seat in 1950s. But Mahatma Dutt did not sell out in 1950s or even in 1960s. It is difficult for a 25 year old man not to sell out. But it is far more difficult for a 50 year old man not to sell. We all would very much say that Mahatma Bhagat Singh too would have never sold out. But Mahatma Bhagat Singh was lucky enough that he never had to give the test of not selling out at age of 50 despite poverty. Mahatma Dutt gave this test and passed with flying colors.
I first read about Mahatma Dutt’s sad life in 1988 in a library. After a long thought, with no anger in mind I said “Kisi bhi desh mein sabase badaa bevakoof oos desh kaa deshbhat hota hai” (the biggest fool in a country is the patriot). Such remark was very unusual of me, because in my entire school life or college life, I never uttered a single bad word. And using word bevkoof for freedom fighter like Mahatma Dutt was more than using just bad word. (later, after reading more on Mahatma Dutt’s life, I changed it “second biggest fool”. To know who is the first, pls read gather more information about Dutt).
So I would urge the reader to collect articles/books on Mahatma Dutt.
Now why am I citing the life of Mahatma Batukeshwar Dutt?
As much as I want 500 + 5000 + 50000 people to contest elections on RTR issue at National, State and Local levels, I want to pre-inform them of what may happen even if that discourages them. RTR-PM, RTR Police Chief, RTR Supreme Court judges etc are not ordinary political views – within minutes you will become enemy of almost all in power, most of their relatives and most intellectuals who depend financially on them. RTR is not Janlokpal, where bigger thieves (namely MNC-owners and Missionaries) get leverage over smaller thieves. RTR is not a time pass like CPM Manifesto where nothing will happen till revolution comes. RTR movement’s format leaves no room for sell out because the drafts are ready and can be put in Gazette within hours. The act of putting TCP in Gazette will lead to chain of events, that within months drafts such as “Narco test in public of Ministers, senior officers, judges by majority vote” and “Imprisonment/execution of Ministers, senior officers, judges by majority vote” will also come Gazette, along with Right to Recall PM, RTR judges etc. These drafts are nightmare to all MNCs, all corrupt Ministers\IAS, most elitemen and every intellectual who depends on them.
So if you openly praise and demand RTR-drafts, sooner or later, you and other activists will ask intellectuals to give their opinions on drafts. If they support the drafts, they become enemy of elitemen and if they oppose the draft, then activists will be able to see thru that they are agents of elitemen. Because of this, they will hate you and may try all their best to damage you.
So if you wish to contest election on Right to Recall, MRCM, Jury etc , then at least be prepared to have a life like Dutt. Please spend a few days in deciding whether you can live such life. And if you think you have stomach to face a such life, then only contest election on RTR-issue. Otherwise, contesting election on RTR-issue should be avoided.
step-3.1 : Read biography of Batukeshwar Dutt and Hiroo Onuda
step-3.2 : Translate RRP documents in your local languages
step-3.3 : Get 1000s of pamphlets printed on RTR and distribute them door to door , bustands.
step-3.4 : Give advertisements in newspapers
step-3.5 : Write articles on administrative systems in India/World , past/resent.
step-3.6 : Prepare drafts to reduce problems of India.
step-3.7 : Contest elections on RTR-issue, MRCM-issue, TCP issue etc.
step-3.8 : Start your own Right to Recall Party
13.8 Election contesting and campaigning on RTR-drafts
Why I propose that maximal number of recallists should contest election? Because contesting election is fastest way to take the information on RTR-drafts to all political activists and citizens. If goal is to sell umbrella, then best time is rainy season. And same way, if goal is to ensure that maximal number of citizens, it would be inefficient not to contest elections.
Say you give 10000 pamphlets on RTR to citizens on a non-election day. Then perhaps 500 would read that pamphlet. But if it is election time, the atmosphere is so politically charged up, that out of 10000, over 3000 to 5000 would read any material that comes from a candidate. So best way to take information on RTR to citizens to become election candidate and then give newspaper advertisements and distribute pamphlets.
To contest election of MLA or MP constituency, you need deposit amount of Rs 10000. The money is small part, the real issue is huge amount paper-work needed. Say you decide to contest election. Then following are the steps you will need to do
(Section is to be expanded)
13.9 Suggested campaign methods for candidates
Following are the election related methods I followed, and I would suggest same to all RTR candidates. And as always, candidates may make changes :
1. Pls do not contest with desire or aim to win. To win elections, one needs at least 25% votes and to reach that level in constituency, a party needs either sectarian regional ideology or national level appeal which is fetching at least 5% votes nationwide. If RRP gets 5% votes at National level, RTR laws would come and much of electioneering would change, and you wont need to contest election on RTR platform. So if you are contesting election to publicize RTR, then it is unlikely that you will get above 5% votes and so it will be impossible to win election.
2. Pls be prepared to face numerous harassments starting from income tax inquiry to extreme contempt from people around you.
3. Pls give a newspaper advertisement (expense will be in several lakhs)
4. Pls distribute pamphlets yourself as far as possible
5. If possible, have a registered magazine so that you may distribute pamphlets by post
6. Pls hold as many meetings as possible before election is announced. Because after election announcement, things will get hectic and it will become difficult to organize meetings etc.
7. For first few months, please take activists who are willing to join you to distribute pamphlets. But later you must ask them to download the PDF mirror from your website directly and get them printed at offset and distributed. This step is necessary so that activists themselves too get training to become candidate. And it reduces your burden of administering pamphlet printing and distribution. In a later section, I have shown that N activists printing pamphlets by himself is cheaper than one leader administering N activists in pamphlet distribution.
8. Please do not give any hourly or daily compensation to activists. May be India is not going to die, and may be if India is going to die, RTR cant save it. But if RTR is solution, then by contesting election, you have done a major service to nation, and need not give any compensation to others.
9. You should post several PDFs on your website – postcard to voter, inland letter to voter and pamphlets and their mirrors. This is necessary so that activists can download these PDFs
13.10 Suggested campaign methods for non-candidate workers
If you do believe that RTR information should go to maximal number of citizens, then pls campaign for a candidate who has worked hard to spread information on RTR. Why? Well, more the votes, more people will come to know about RTR and more activists will be promoted to contest election on RTR platform and information will spread father. The election time is the time when largest number of citizens are most interested in gathering information on political topics. So if you spread information on RTR during election time, that is most efficient way.
Following are the steps I propose you can follow :
1. Pls look at the list of all candidates, and decide which one has done most to spread information on RTR-draft, TCP-draft, MRCM-draft etc. IMO, you should support that candidate, not necessarily the official RRP candidate.
2. If you think that candidate is contesting election not for spreading RTR information, but for his personal gains, please do not campaign for the candidate. If all candidates in your area are selfish, then please campaign for a candidate in a different area. If all candidates in your or near by areas are selfish and not committed to RTR, then pick a far area and communicate to its voters via post/internet
3. Above all, you must be very convinced that .you are giving time and money to spread RTR information, and NOT to give any personal gains to the candidate. If you have faintest doubt that candidate is contesting election
4. Pls download or otherwise obtain the voter-list of the area in which you want to work.
5. I request activists to directly download the election PDFs from the website of candidates and distribute it yourself in your area and near by area. Pls reduce the time burden as well as financial burden of candidate by not asking for pamphlets.
13.11 Proposed working method for RRP activists : Virus works in a team of one
Some say strongest animal is lion, some say elephant and some would say whale. But I think, that in some way, stronger than all of them is a virus. What makes virus so strong? Some factors I think are as follows – (1) a virus never competes against another virus, there is zero cannibalism in virus (2) each virus is self contained (3) each virus has all the memory and intelligence it needs. (4) The viruses never spend time in “organizing” i.e. no virus ever takes orders from any other virus.
Virus does only two things — interacts to replicate and mutates wheneverit interacts.
Each virus works in team of one. If there are 1000 viruses, then there isn’t one team of 1000 viruses, there are 1000 teams of one virus each.
Most organizations I come across discourage members from acquiring all information where as I encourage my fellow colleagues to acquire all information within themselves. Most organizations insists that juniors should blindly obey orders from seniors, while I openly insist that no junior should never take seniors’ words as orders, and should treat it no more than request from a colleague. And above all, at RRP, I ask each one to work in team of one. As per mutation or variation, most organizations discourage and sometimes even punish mutation, where as I openly support all actions of mutations and oppose on case by case basis. And the mutations are the most important aspect in my proposed plan to force PM to print TCP, RTR drafts in Gazette.
I suggest that RRP activist should inform all activists of all parties/group around himself about Right to Recall law-drafts. And IMO, RRP activists need not create organization with offices and hierarchy to spread information on RTR-drafts. The Recallists should try to convince all selfless activists to become Recallists. Will they convert into Recallists? Well, how did you become a Recallist? The Recallists can try to convince that using their offices and setup to spread information on RTR is must to save India from wars with China/US if wars were to come.
Every time RRP activist comes in contact with non-RRP activist, the interaction will cause mutation in his thoughts, proposed drafts as well as campaign methods. Every activist will ask – should he promote the new version or the version he got? My guideline is –– make a list of 100-200 people you think are Recallists, and ask 10 of them chosen at random. If over 8 consider your new version as better than original, then your new version is better. You do not need permission of a senior. This screening method will de-promote “inefficient” mutations and promote better “efficient” mutations. The good mutations will make the proposed drafts and methods to spread information stronger !! In fact, the version present of drafts and campaign methods itself are results of several mutations obtained from several activists.
13.12 Are such small number of activists and hours sufficient?
The reason why the steps I propose need small number of activists and small number of hours from them is — because each activist works alone and they involve minimal team work and zero hierarchy !! The hierarchy is must for manufacturing and military but hierarchy is useless in activism, as it decreases total throughput because activists keep waiting for orders and do nothing. Worse, hierarchymakes it easy for MNCs and other political parties to subvert, block, break and worse hijack the movement by bribing or killing or threatening the persons in top layer or second layer. Whereas when there is no hierarchy, activists are most active and seldom idle. And a movement which has no hierarchy can not be broken or subverted by MNC-owners or Missionaries or Saudi Arabians by capturing or killing or bribing or threatening a few persons in top layer or second layer, as there is no top of second layer.
And why less team work and more solo activism better? Why are N teams of one in activism is better than one team of N?
1. Team work may be better than solo, but often each of N activist has 4 hours a week to spare but all activists wont be free at the same time. So in such cases, N activists will always keep waiting for team to assemble. So all N activists working solo will involve less waiting.
2. There may be N activists in a small area, but they all may be mutually strangers. So if they keep waiting for team formation, they will never know that there are N activists in their ward. But if each starts working solo, they will come in contact much sooner..
3. A solo activist is more mobile and will take the message further
4. A solo automatically promotes himself to someone who can guide other junior solo.
So I give emphasis on solo work than team building when it comes to activism.
The virus approach is the best way I could see to eliminate bad laws and enact good laws. Once bad laws are gone and good laws come, the market aka personal self-motive with some small inherent goodwill is sufficient to create 1000s of good goods and services. For that, organizations are needed, and Company Act and its improvements are sufficient to create such organizations. The activists can work in any of these companies or create his own companies to create goods. For public goods, Govt depts with RTR are sufficient. Activism is only needed to fine tune these public goods, and this activism needs no hierarchy and control.
13.13 How do proposed small activities on internet make difference?
The above tasks in List-I will take you 4 hours a week at most, and you may split it over days if you wish. Of course, if you decide to follow options given under “OR / AND” it would take more time. The OR/ AND options are for those who have better alternative that TCP, MRCM etc or want to modify our TCP, MRCM etc proposals. We welcome both.
So how do such small steps make impact? The impact will come when 20000 to 200,000 activists execute these steps. Not only it will inform crores of citizens about Right to Recall law-drafts and its value, but will create an atmosphere on RTR-drafts.
One estimate I believe in is that about 6 crore people in India (as on Jul-2011) have access to broadband via their home or office or college. Of these 6 crores, about 15 lakhs to 20 lakhs are interested in reducing corruption in police, courts and also interested spending 2-4 or more hours a week. The rest are not interested at all, or at best would vote for someone whom they think will reduce poverty. But they don’t want to spend 1 hour a week for this task. So to create the movement, one will have to depend on getting support of some of these 15 lakh individuals. The goal is to form a few communication groups amongst these 15 lakhs citizens. I see no need to organize them ; IMO, forming communication groups are sufficient. Please note – I think that a few national level, a few State/District level communication groups are sufficient, we do not need to have an organization. An organization is different from communication group. The task of forming and working in a communication group has following tasks : forming the groups or searching for them, joining these communication groups, reading messages in that communication group, writing messages if time permits, forwarding messages to inside and outside the group and seeking people interested in reducing poverty/corruption and asking them to join the communication groups.
13.14 How do proposed small activities outside internet make difference?
Using internet, activists can communicate on RTR drafts to netizens. Then what about rest 95% who do not have net? To inform them about RTR, we can use SMS, postcards, pamphlets, hoardings and newspaper advertisements. For this, those who are very much committed to Right to Recall, Jury and MRCM laws may contribute, but pay directly to newspapers, pamphlet printers etc and never pay not to any RRP member.
The most important step is postcard or inland letters to citizens chosen at random from voter-lists. If 200,000 activists are sending 100 postcards a month, then that means 2 cr families are getting one postcard a month and cost is just Rs 50 per month and time spent is 4 hours a month. Or if 200,000 activists are sending 100 inland letters a month, time spent is 2 hrs (taking printouts) and cost is Rs 250 per month.
Next step is newspaper advertisement. A front page 2 column * 25 cm (1/8th of page) advertisement in a major non-English newspaper with circulation of 500,000 copies will cost Rs 200,000 and such an advertisement would cover three Parliamentary Constituencies. If we have 20,000 activists in India willing to spend Rs 1000 per month, then we have about 300 activists per district willing to contribute Rs 1000 per month or Rs 300,000 per month. If they spend half the money in pamphlet and half the money in newspaper advertisements, then every year we can have 8 newspaper advertisements on Right to Recall in the newspaper. And one 16 page pamphlet would cost Rs 3 including distribution cost and with Rs 150,000 per month, about 50000 pamphlets can be distributed every month. This too will add to propaganda. So with as few as 300 activists per Parliamentary seat spending mere Rs 1000 per month, RTR-activists can ensure 2% to 5% votes for every Panchayat, Corporation, Assembly and Parliament seat. This will be sufficient to get RTR-PM, RTR-CM in the Gazette Notifications and bring RTR-laws in India.
So actions I am proposing are small but they add up fully. If each activist thinks that he alone will be doing these activities in India, then he wont do these actions. But if the activist believes that he may get 200,000 unknown activists taking same steps mentioned in section-13.2 of this chapter, then RTR law-drafts will come in Gazette in less than 2-3 years.
13.15 Why spreading information is necessary, sufficient – it will inform Udham Singh
One question I always face is “what is spreading information to citizens going to attain after all”? Well, my goal is to get TCP, RTR-PM etc drafts printed in the Gazette Notifications. And so what if all 75 crore citizen-voters demand TCP? The PM will never ever print it against his wish no matter how many citizens demand it. So what good is convincing PM going to do? Instead, I should try to persuade IAS, IPS, judges, MPs, Ministers etc and try to appeal to them.
Well, if “appealing” was of much use, then perhaps appealing alone would have given freedom in 1947 and appealing alone would have stopped Ghazani from looting Somnath. Appeals are necessary to prove to audience that person will not respond to appeals. But that’s about it. So all in all, making presentation to IAS, IPS, Ministers, MPs, MLAs and judges on RTR, TCP, MRCM etc are useless and waste of time.
Then what good informing citizens would do? Following is the course of action I contemplate :
1. We RTR-activists would (and should) focus only on informing maximal number of citizens that TCP, RTR etc drafts are worth printing in the Gazette by PM.
2. If majority of citizens say that TCP, RTR drafts are not worthy of being printed in Gazette, then it would end of the story for us.
3. However, say majority of citizens of India, say as high as 70% to 95% agree that the drafts should be printed in the Gazette. And then also if PM refuses to print the draft in Gazette, then Ahmisamurti Mahatma Udham Singh may visit PM, and then PM (or next PM) will surely print
4. the TCP/RTR etc drafts in the Gazette. That’s the power of Ahmisamurti Mahatma Udham Singh.
13.16 So who is\are Ahimsamurti Mahatma Udham Singh?
Who is this Mahatma Udham Singh? I request the reader to google and find out more. Mahatma Udham Singh is the most non-violent person I have found in the history of India (and aside : Mohanbhai is the most violent person I have seen in history of India). Mahatma Udham Singh will convince the PM (or next PM) to print the drafts in Gazette.
If so, then why am I taking information on TCP, RTR-drafts to the citizens? And why am I asking citizens? Why not approach Mahatma Udham Singhs directly? Well, Mahatma Udham Singh will act on wish and will of majority only, and no one else. He is too intelligent and he cannot be fooled by creating media hype or by power point presentations or by singing patriotic songs or any charisma. Mahatma Udham Singh will not be influenced by money at all. He doesn’t care for media fame and wishes no appreciation. Mahatma Udham Singh will listen to commons of India and commons only. So there are no short cuts to reach to Mahatma Udham Singh —- the only way to reach to Mahatma Udham Singh is to first reach the majority of citizens of India, and ask them to ask Mahatma Udham Singh to convince PM (or next PM) to print TCP in Gazette. And once majority of citizens ask Mahatma Udham Singh to act, Mahatma Udham Singh will surely act. Mahatma Udham Singh has never disappointed us commons.
If the enemy of India is outsider, we need soldiers. How many? Depends on how many soldiers enemy has. But deal with enemies inside, we do not need soldiers nor can they help. To deal with enemies within India, we only need a few dozen Mahatma Udham Singh to act. But getting one Mahatma Udham Singh to act requires asking majority of citizens of India to ask Mahatma Udham Singh to act. There are no short cuts.
So I will spend all my time and efforts in doing mainly one thing — try to inform crores of citizens about RTR-drafts and ask all activists to do the same. Not only majority of citizens must ask for TCP\RTR drafts, it should be clear to majority that majority has asked. If the commons decide to ask PM to print in the Gazette, then they will ask Mahatma Udham Singh to ask PM to do so. That will be necessary and sufficient.
13.17 How are expenses managed without donations?
Now do we need money to run communication groups over internet and outside internet? Common sense says that everything needs money. And yes, we do need money to run communication groups. So where is the difference between RRP and other organization who collect money? Well, in other organizations, activists have to send money to those at the apex of organization and then hope that people at top as well as people in middle will not siphon away money. The people at top have a reason not siphon money – fame, which may translate into power one day. So people at top may not siphon out money. But the people in middle have no fame to gain, and the limited fame they get cant translate into power. The people in middle also have insecurity that they may get abandoned later. So expecting that people in middle will not siphon away money is expecting too much. While in RRP model, activist directly do all expenses, and do not give a penny to any RRP office bearer. So there will never be siphoning out of money. The fabric of faith is never there, and so there will never be distrust on financial issues. E.g. the Recallists campaigning over internet are already paying money in form of charges paid to internet company. But they are not paying money to any centralized office which runs campaign over internet and hence no doubt of misuse. Likewise, activists who want to give newspaper advertisement will give newspaper ad themselves or pool in small spot groups and there is no centralized fund collection and thus no possibility of doubts.
Now there is a new breed of organizations these days (May-2011) which don’t collect much money such as IAC. But they have MNC sponsorship and so MNCs give 100s of crores to mediamen to sponsor them. In politics, biggest expense is communication expenses and if MNCs bear that expense behind the curtain, then that organization will not need much money. But Right to Recall Movement can never get sponsorship from MNCs or mediamen. So we cant follow their model.
13.18 Work solo – no need for hierarchy, no need for team work
Now let me explain why RTR movement does not need organization and organization may end up becoming waste of time. An organization is a group with hierarchy and assets. The hierarchy aka reporting structure is key and the members who defy reporting structures are often expelled or at least never ever promoted. The organization not only makes a list of “to-do” but also makes a list “you must never not do” and thus reduces efficiency of member. An organization can be also hostile to variations and mutations. The organizations needs assets and significant funds are collected by membership dues or worse by collecting donations . The memberships dues mostly fall short. And so organizations ask members to collect donations. And that’s where the end begins — the leaders of the organizations have to now accept terms and conditions of donors. The unsuspecting members later realize this, but too much time passes away before this.
If one wants to do activities like running education institutions, hospitals etc then the funding and organization is must. But political reforms only needs communication and nothing more. In general, any activity which needs time and money both needs organization. But if something only needs time and minimal money, organization is not needed, communication group will suffice. We already have an organization called as Government, and our goal is to improve Government. To improve Government we need to enact laws like Right to Recall. To enact laws like Right to Recall, Jury, MCRM etc we need law-draft like TCP or we need to win 100-300 Parliamentary elections. Winning election depends more on the mistakes of adversaries and is clone negative approach, while former doesn’t need adversary to mistakes and is clone positive approach. And to have law-draft like TCP, we need a mass movement, and to create a mass movement, we need communication amongst those who want Recall, MRCM, Jury etc. We do not need an organization where people are giving and accepting orders on physical and material activities. The organization will only end up wasting away precious money and time.
Nevertheless, as I said that I promote mutations. So if any activist feels that forming organization and forming teams will improve the speed at which citizens will get information on RTR and answers to their questions on RTR, I welcome them to form organizations and teams.
13.19 How to identify and expose Psuedo Recallists
The “psuedo recallist” is a term I have invented to designate leaders whose goal is to take naïve recallists activists to a dead end and thus sabotage and kill RTR movement. In Aug-2011, the biggest psuedo recallists are The Anna, The Team and Nitish. The psuedo recallists will openly project themselves as torch bearer of right to recall movement, and the paid media will also call the as Great Leaders for RTR movement. But a close look at their actions will show that they only intend to misguide the activists.
Following are some key characteristics of psuedo-recallists, and a way to counter a psuedo-recallist :
1. A psuedo-recallist will discourage activists from reading drafts , forget writing drafts : Law-draft writing is not the job of the lawyers, not of the judges, not of the MPs, but of us citizens!! Yes, you and me, the commons have to give the drafts to the MPs, who then pass the drafts. The psuedo-recallists discourage draft reading by engaging the activists in activities like running schools, shouting slogans, campaigning for elections, character building, rallying, demonstrations etc. They will never ask the activists to read the drafts , forget discussing them. Thus activists will never get information about importance of Right to Recall.
How can a true recallists counter this trick : In front of activists, ask the leaders to give the drafts of the law-draft he supports to reduce poverty, improve Military etc. If he refuses, then tell his activist followers about importance of the Gazette Notification draft, and explain how leader is wasting their time and nation’s time by insisting on a draftless movement. Please keep a sample xerox copy of any Gazette Notification with you. And then compare draftless leader as someone who gives cheque but refuses to sign that cheque !! For more, pls see chap-16 on importance of drafts and more steps to counter draftless leaders.
2. A psuedo-recallist will say “I support Right to Recall” but never tell RTR over which positions : If one does not specify the vehicle details, and says “I want wheel”, he is making empty statement. Wheel of what? Airplane, car, cycle or toy car? Likewise, words “Right to Recall” are always attached with position eg Right to Recall MP, Right to recall MLA, Right to Recall PM, Right to Recall judges etc. Saying that “I support Right to Recall” and then refusing to enumerate positions is a sign that the person is psuedo-recallists.
How can a true recallist counter this trick : Pls ask him if he supports\opposes Right to Recall Lokpal, RTR-PM, RTR Supreme Court judges etc. The psuedo-recallists will repeatedly refuse to cite the positions, and you repeatedly ask him to specify if he supports Right to Recall Lokpal, RTR PM etc. This way you can convince his activists that the leader is a time-waster.
3. A psuedo-recallist will insist that RTR should be supported but ‘later’ : (later = next life) : If a person insists on postponing Right to Recall MP, RTR-PM etc laws to later (later = next life time), he us a psuedo-recallists and wants to waste away time of Recallists and kill RTR movement. The “laterist” will cook several excuses — (a) Now government will not pass it (b) Everything cannot come at same time. (c) If we raise RTR now, our unity will break (d) We will first get some XYZ law-draft (like Lokpal Bill) passed and till this XYZ law-draft passes we should stop activists from working on RTR and only after XYZ law-draft passes we should focus on RTR. (e) we should choose good MPs, and bring them to power. All these are useless arguments.
How can a true recallist counter this trick : Please ask the “later-sayers” in front of activists if they promise to promote RTR-Lokpal, RTR-PM etc draft in next lifetime and also tell them that they have been promising since past 7 lifetimes that they would work on RTR in next lifetime. Essentially, publicly insult everyone who talks about RTR “later” by throwing sarcasm that he will promote RTR is next lifetime.
4. Psuedo Recallists will never refute claims of anti-recallists that RTR procedures are “impractical” or “unconstitutional” : A psuedo recallists will make tall claims for Right to Recall. And then when anti-recallists make counter-claims that RTR is impractical, these psuedo-recallists will never refute their claims, and thus they will create an image that RTR is indeed impractical. The best example of 1951-1977 was Jayprakash Narayan. The paid-media appointed him as the torch bearer of Right to Recall movement. To give lip service, JPN would always support Right to Recall 3 times a month. During debates, JPN will give draftless and abstract speech on RTR. Next, the anti-recallists such as Morarji Desai will make claims that “RTR will increase instability, will be too expensive etc”. And guess what — JPN will never ever refute these claim. So to a large chunk of audience, RTR will appear as money-wasting and bad proposal. As of today (Nov-2011), The Anna is the biggest psuedo-recallists skillfully letting anti-recallists win the debate. Eg. The Anna claimed he supports RTR in apr-8-2011 and again on 28-aug-2011. Next, many anti-recallists such as CEC, LKA etc said that “RTR will instability”. And The Anna deliberately did not refute the claim, which created an impression in many people that RTR is indeed too expensive and can cause instability.
How can a true recallist counter this trick : Explain to audience that the some of proposed RTR drafts, such as the drafts I have proposed, are practical, and hence the leader who is not refuting these claims is damaging RTR, and hence he is a psuedo-recallist.
5. Psuedo Recallists will put weak Right to Reject to diffuse Right to Recall Movement : When Rajiv Dixit used words Right to Reject , what he said was “a law-draft by which citizens can reject anyone from Supreme Court judge, PM to MLA, Sarpanch any day, not just once in 5 years”. The psuedo-recallists have hijacked the words “Right to Reject” and given it a new and useless weak meaning : power to reject only MP\MLA candidates, that too only once in 5 years !! IOW, the initially, Right to Reject had same meaning as Right to Recall, and now a new weak meaning has been given and this weak Right to Reject is being posed as something more important that Right to Recall and used to diffuse focus on Right to Recall.
How can a true recallist counter this trick : Explain audience about the fact that “None of the Above” button will cause no change whether 1% people will use it and will cause no change even if 100% people use it”. And also explain audience why “Right to Reject PM”, “Right to Reject MP”, “Right to Reject judges” anytime, not just once in 5 years is better option. And also explain that that Right to Reject is only used to kill and diffuse Right to Recall movement.
6. Psuedo Recallists will use Lokpal, Right to Reject etc proposals to kill Right to Recall Movement : A new breed of psuedo-recallists have popped up since Dec-2010 and have become very strong due to MNC paid TV-channels. They insist that RTR should be brought in future and must be opposed till Lokpal bill passes !! IOW, it is just another time wasting technique.
How can a true recallist counter this trick : Counter these Lokpal-vaadies with Right to Recall Lokpal clauses given in chap-50. Pls explain audience that you are NOT changing topic, but you are still talking about Lokpal only and that Right to Recall Lokpal is related to Lokpal. When these Lokpal-vaadies oppose RTR-Lokpal, they will get exposed.’
7. Psuedo Recallists will demand signature based RTR procedure and oppose appearance based RTR procedure : There are two broad categories of recall procedures – signature based and appearance based. The signature based procedures is incomplete, fraud prone and extremely expensive for Govt (costs will run into Rs 50 per voter), while appearance based procedures have negligible possibility of fraud and cost is low (Rs 3 for voter which decreases to 5 paise later, zero for Govt). Despite this, the psuedo-recallists will demand signature based procedure and thus give opportunity to anti-recallists that Right to Recall procedure is unviable.
How can a true recallist counter this trick : Explain appearance based procedure to activists and cite that leader is deliberately refusing to support appearance based procedure and deliberately asking for signature based procedure so that RTR gets a bad name.
8. Psuedo Recallists will sell butter milk as milk: i.e. Psuedo-recallist will give uses procedure and then call it Right to Recall. eg when someone asked The Anna “do citizens have Right to recall Lokpal if Lokpal becomes corrupt?” . The Anna said “yes, the citizen can complain before Supreme Court judges and they will expel corrupt Lokpal !!” This is selling butter-milk as milk. How? Right to Recall means procedure by which citizens can expel an official by proving majority but don’t need to convince any authority which too can be nexused. IOW, procedure to expel via judges may be good or bad, but it is NOT Right to Recall, and only a psuedo-recallist will call it Right to Recall.
How can a true recallist counter this trick : Explain to citizens that Right to Recall means expulsion by majority without having to approach or convince anyone, and that procedures like expulsion by judges or impeachment (expulsion by MPs) or non-confidence motion against PM\CM (expulsion by MPs\MLAs etc) are all prone to corruption, nexuses and nepotism.’
9. Psuedo Recallists will never give cost estimate of RTR , so that anti-recall persons can easily push claim that RTR is too expensive : The costs in RTR-PM procedures I have proposed on Govt is zero, and citizen pays Rs 3 per recall filing per citizen and so if 75 crore citizens exercise RTR-PM procedure, cost to replace PM will be Rs 210 crore. And cost per citizen decreases to a few paise per citizen when system becomes accessible via ATM and SMS. IOW, I have given cost estimates. So now if during a discussion or debate, if an anti-recall person says “RTR is too expensive”, audience will disagree. But a psuedo-recallists will deliberately not give a cost estimate and thus keep audience guessing, and enable anti-recall people to comfortably make claims that “RTR is too expensive”.
How can a true recallist counter this trick : A true recallist should explain RTR DEO, RTR PM etc procedures and then explain that costs estimates are below Rs 3 per voter per recall vote (i.e. approval filing) and decreases to few paise when system comes on ATM and SMS. And also cite the fact that when recall procedures come, need to recall decreases and so procedure hardly needs to be invoked.
10. Psuedo Recallists will insist on negative recall and oppose positive recall procedures: The anti-recall people cite a valid argument that Right to Recall may increase instability due to vacuum recall can create. This true for negative recall method, but not true for positive recall methods. (Let me explain. There are two types of recall procedures — negative recall where a voter can demand expulsion only and positive recall where in a voter can register positive support for alternative, and replacement happens when alternative crosses a threshold. The positive recall procedure answers “who is alternative” before person is removed, while negative recall only removes person and cites no alternative. In positive recall, there is never a vacuum. The positive recall procedures do not cause instability as next person comes only if and when majority has agreed in transparent way that replacement is more preferred.) A psuedo-recallists will almost always demand negative recall procedures and oppose positive recall procedures because negative recall creates a fear of unknown and instability and thus anti-recall person can defeat the proposal with ease.
How can a true recallist counter this trick : A true recallists should explain to audience the difference between positive recall and negative recall methods, using Right to Recall District Education Officer or Right to Recall Lokpal or Right to Recall MP procedures as examples. And true recallist should make it clear that he is supporting positive recall and not negative recall, and so (valid) objection raised by anti-recall person is not applicable.
11. Psuedo Recallists insist only elected persons should be subject to Right to Recall and unelected persons like Janlokpal must NOT be subject to RTR : In order to ensure that Higher Officials like Supreme Court judges and Janlokpals can serve MNCs and corporates, the psuedo-recallists will
How can a true recallist counter this trick : There is no clause in Constitution which says that citizens can expel only elected person. Also, all RTR-drafts I have proposed, including Right to Recall Supreme Court Chief judge and Right to Recall Janlokpal is 100% Constitutional.
All in all, we Recallists have to study the tricks of psuedo-recallists carefully. As the movement grows, many anti-recallists will pose as psuedo-recallists, capture Right to Recall movement and make RTR look like infeasible and stupid proposal and thus ensure that RTR laws never come. This has happened numerous times in past. The Right to Recall demand was first put by Sachindranath Sanyal, the Guru of Bhagat Singh, in 1925 in manifesto of Hindustan Socialist Republic Association. And since then, from time to time, anti-recallists with co-operation of psuedo-recallists, have created a perception that Right to Recall is unviable and thus sabotaged RTR movement. Can you guess the biggest psuedo-recallists in India from 1950 to 1970s? And who is biggest psuedo-recallists as in oct-2011?
13.20 Should activists print/distribute pamphlets themselves or should leader administer it?
The most important and expensive part in election campaign in newspaper advertisement. IMO, entire cost should be borne by the candidate alone an activists should pay none. The second most important part in election campaign in pamphlet printing distribution. And IMO, this cost should be borne by activists assisting the candidate only, as far as possible.
The candidate may rightly think — why would activists bear the costs?
When candidate is printing pamphlets, and giving it to activist, there is no guarantee that activist will deliver them to voters. The activist has nothing to lose if all pamphlets just rot away. Further, the task of sending pamphlets from candidate’s premises to activists itself can be time consuming and expensive. Instead if activist gets pamphlets printed, then the wastages will be minimal, and there is low cost of delivery.
Will the activists print pamphlets will their own money?
Consider a 1 page pamphlet. Cost of printing 4000 such pamphlets will be about Rs 1000. And consider an 8 page pamphlet. Cost of printing 1000 copies will be Rs 1200. It can be less, if lower quality paper is chosen. So question is : will activist spend so much money in campaign? If not, then perhaps it is impossible to save the nation — so be it. If India doesn’t have 200,000 activists willing to print and distribute pamphlets at their time and money, IMO, it is not possible to save India no matter how hard election candidates try. There is a limit one should do all by himself, and rest must be left to others. If others do not wish to contribute time, then movement may fail, but stretching beyond limits is not possible.
13.21 Overall expense and time estimate
The entire RTR-movement has two broad parts :- developing the Gazette Notification drafts which can reduce the problems of India and campaign to force to Ministers etc to print those draft in the Gazette. And the way I propose to the activists – “lets ask citizens to force existing PM/CMs to print TCP-draft in Gazette, and then bring more GNs to bring the necessary changes in the Govt.”.
To generate the mass movement for TCP, the activists who want mass movement on TCP need to inform citizens about what is Gazette Notification, what are proposed GN drafts such as TCP, RTR-PM, RTR-SCCj, RTR-Lokpal, RTR, MRCM drafts, and also about the fact that Indian Military may weaken without these RTR drafts. Informing citizens is enough – IMO we do NOT need drama.
The activists will need to give time to spread the information, and will also need to spend money. Then how is my plan different from other parties’ plan? Most parties ask for donation collection, where as here activists need to spend money on their own or in small group, and money is spent only in pamphlet distribution and newspaper ads. The time needed to explain the drafts will be about 30 minutes per citizens and cost of newspaper-ad pamphlet will be about Rs 20 per citizen. So total hours RTR movement needs to take the information to 10 cr citizens is (10 cr * 30 min) = 300 cr minutes = 5 cr hours = 500 lakh hours. One way to obtain so many hours is :
|VolunteerCategory||nVolunteers||Hours per volunteer per week||Hours per volunteer per year||Hours(in lakhs)|
|TOTAL , in 1 yr||205,500||620 lakhs|
So with about 200,000 volunteers spending 4 hrs a week and some volunteers spending more time, it is possible to spread the information on RTR-drafts to 10 cr citizens of India,
The cost newspaper ads and pamphlets in the campaign is Rs 20 per citizen, and so to take this information to 10 cr citizens, it would cost Rs 200 cr worth newspaper ads and pamphlets. And one way to make available is as follows
|VolunteerCategory||nVolunteers||Rupees per Volunteer per year||Rupees(in cr)|
|TOTAL , in 1 yr||200 cr|
The difficult part is — IMO, the RTR-campaign needs about 500 people who can spend both, 30 hours a week and Rs 400,000 a year, and people who can spend 20 hours a week and Rs 60000 per year. Having persons who spend only money but no time to understand and spread information about the drafts will not help.
IMO, the campaign needs 500 independent heads, about one per each Loksabha constituency, who are thorough with existing/past laws of India/West and proposed drafts to reduce problems of India. They must be willing to spend time to grasp these information points, and willing to spend time to answer questions of citizens and activists. And should be also willing to contest (and lose) Loksabha election. This also means willingness to face harassments. If they are willing to spend only money and no time, the information will not each citizens and it will be difficult to raise mass movement.
13.22 To reduce conflicts amongst activists
1. If an activists doesn’t like other activist, he should be free to leave him anytime. There will never be a reporting structure amongst Recallists.
2. Activists should ask activists to confine about drafts as far as possible
3. I request all Recallists not to discuss RTR etc with colleagues in his company. Because the company where you work and your relationship with other employee of the company is paid for by your employers. You did not create that relation , you did not bear the costs one has to bear to create relation and so should not use it to further your activist goals. Further, when you are proposing a law-draft, the other person must have option of being rude to you and rude towards your proposal, an option a fellow employee doesn’t not have. If other employees are anti-recall, then your promoting RTR in the employees can create heated arguments inside company and damage your employers’ legitimate interests. So please do not preach RTR-law-drafts to colleagues in your company. Now this restriction that “do not preach RTR to fellow employees in your company” should not reduce your pace. There are 121 crore citizens in India you have to inform RTR about. Take out a few hundred, and still you have lot of work to do. And don’t worry about “who will inform my colleagues about RTR-draft?”. If the movement progresses, there will be 10000s of Recallists, and one of them, who is not employee of your company will inform your colleagues in your company about RTR-drafts.
4. Now what if any colleague working in your company asks you on RRP-drafts? An answer that “don’t talk to me about RRP can be too rude”. So pls answer some basic questions, and then politely ask him to download http://rahulmehta.com/301.htm and also very politely ask him to read section-13.18, item-3, and pls request him to join RTR Facebook community. So if he wants to know about RTR-drafts, he has all the text and links with him. He will click and seek. And the colleague is of opposite sex, pls also ask him or her to read section-13.19.
5. Also, a Recallist is requested not to discuss RTR etc with not to discuss with close relatives. Because if other person is anti-RTR or a psuedo-recallist or a judge/IAS/Minister or close relative of judge/IAS/Minister, then discussion on RTR with him can cause a lot of damage to your relation. There are 121 crore citizens in India you have to inform RTR about. Take out a few hundred, and still you have lot of work to do.
6. Never discuss RTR at a meeting where agenda is non-political. Eg avoid discussing RTR at social functions like weddings, business meetings etc. If you are contesting elections, NEVER discuss RTR on such occasions, unless you are sure that person wants to listen and he initiates discussion, and persons who are uninterested are not around.
7. [To be expanded]
13.23 To reduce possibility of sexual harassment amongst the Recallists
IMO, every group founder must disclose policy he adopts to reduce the possibility and deal with complaints in case harassment happens. And if they have no policy, at least they must state it so that it is clear to all citizens about the nature or limitations of the group.
Now if there is harassment, is there any moral responsibility of mine or RRP to begin with? To some extent, YES, it does become my responsibility. But only to some extent. Why? Because as a part of RRP activities, I ask all volunteers to call as many people as possible and I also ask people to listen to my RRP activists. So I and other RRP members encourage contact-making. Now if something goes wrong due to contacts we asked to make, then to some extent we should try ensure that such wrong things do not happen.
So IMO, we Recallists should have a policy to reduce the possibilities of sexual harassment and confusion amongst us. So the policy I propose to ALL activists to reduce the possibility of sexual harassment from happening is : to explain RTR-drafts or organize rallies or any activities, a male activist will call or meet ONLY male activist. And a female activist will call or meet ONLY female activist. Now what if a female activists has questions which female activists she knows fail to answer? This is very much likely to happen in the beginning as most activists are male. In such cases, she can post the questions on Facebook community or ask in weekly Skype group meetings, but cannot ask a male activist. So no calls or meetings in person or even in groups. A male (or female) activist may or may not call female (or male) activist, for personal or other reasons, but not to explain or ask about RTR law-drafts or talk about any RRP activities.
So now, if they call or meet, I request all RRP-members to note that this communication or contact was not asked by RRP-seniors or RRP-activity list — it was personal decisions of both.
I will elaborate further
1. The one and only purpose of RRP is to inform citizens about proposed RTR-drafts and nothing else. This needs communication, contesting elections, rallies etc and nothing more.
2. The activists can interact via facebook communities, weekly skype public meetings etc
3. The activists may need one-on-one communication or in small groups to understand/explain RTR-drafts etc and for this, a male activist will call\meet only a male activist. Even in case of group meetings, male activists can call only call male activists.
4. The activists will still need one-on-one communication or in small groups to understand/explain RTR-drafts , campaign methods etc and for this, a female activist will call\meet ONLY a female activist. Even in case of group meetings, female activists can call only call female activists, except for public rallies where whole public is invited.
5. These restrictions have nothing to do with any kind of chastity (Bhrahmcharya). The activists are free to talk and meet for personal or any reasons, but please note, that it MUST not be for sake of RTR-draft or RRP-activities.
6. The restrictions will not effect the rate at which information on RTR-drafts can spread. If above restrictions prohibit a male (or female) RRP activist from communicating with a female (or male) RRP-activist to inform her (or him) about RTR-drafts, then there are 60 crore males (or females) in India to choose from. And there are enough female activists who can spread information in females and enough male activists to spread information in males.
7. Now say a female, who has no knowledge of RRP or RTR-drafts, asks a male Recallist about RTR-drafts etc. And then perhaps, making very first statement as “please ask a female Recallist” can be very rude. So I would request the male activist to answer the basic questions, and then pls politely ask her to download this book and read this section-13.21 .
8. Now say a male, who has no knowledge of RRP or RTR-drafts, asks a female Recallist about RTR-drafts etc. Please then pls ask him to download this book and read this section-13.21.
This was policy I proposed to reduce the possibility of sexual harassment. Now what would I as National Coordinator do if an incidence does allegedly happen and a complaint comes? Nothing. Please note again – I would do nothing. Why? To begin with, to act meaningfully in such complaints, one needs power to conduct lie detection test or narco-test on the accused to get some idea about the facts. I have no such power nor do I have any facility to take such tests. RRP is a voluntary organization. Further, the policy clearly mentioned not to accept any phone or in-person contact to discuss RRP-drafts or RRP-activities And despite such policy, if one accepts contacts, I have reason to believe that both had personal interests. And if they had personal interests, and problems come out of the personal interests, then myself sitting far and away cant do much to deal with the problems.
13.24 RTR activism – no glory, no fame, no appreciation, some risks, and a lot of contempt
And if by any chance, any activist thinks that by taking the cause of RTR-drafts he will gain any attention etc, I request him to re-read biographical articles on Batukeshwar Dutt. His actions of confronting British, facing possibility of execution and actually facing 10 years of imprisonment never got him any appreciation from even people close to him till he died. Even after his death, he remained a forgotten hero. Since 2010, I am trying my best to ensure that EVERY activists knows about him, but not much success. Now this is what happened with one of the most well known activists. The fate of others who were less known was even worse.
The fake-activism, like campaigning for laws MNCs want (eg Lokpal with no right to recall Lokpal clauses and no Jury clauses) fetches huge support from elitemen-paid media and activists in this area get lots of fame and glory. But true activism, like RTR-judges draft, RTR-Lokpal clauses etc fetches blanket ignorance from media. Many people have tendency to appreciate what media says and nothing else and so they wont even notice true activists. So if any RTR-activist thinks that RTR-activism will fetch him glory and fame, he is deeply mistaken. Glory in most cases comes after media coverage, and RTR-activism will never get media coverage, and hence no glory.
What about people who are close-by who will come to know without media? Wont RTR-activism get glory at least from them? NO. A true-activist will remind them of the fact that the true-activist is spending time and money and taking risk for cause, whereas they are doing nothing. So a true-activist fetches only jealously from most (not all) persons around him which then translates into contempt and even hatred. For example, just try to guess why Batukeshwar Dutt got no appreciation from people close to him till he died? My guess is : because his mere presence would remind to people close to him, that Dutt worked for a cause and they did not. In many minds, this create jealously , then contempt and then hatred.
And what if RTR-drafts actually come? Then the persons to whom mediamen and textbook-writers will give credit to can very well be different from persons who actually drafted the drafts and took initiatives to spread information on the drafts. Some people do work, some people focus on blocking the work and taking credit if they fail to block. And in past, too many people who did nothing got credit (eg Mohanbhai and Congress did nothing to get freedom, and they got almost all credit and soldiers who revolted in Jun-1946 and soldiers of Azad Hind Fauz got near zero credit).
That’s why I want activists to be part time only, so that when the musical chair game ends, and if they are without the chair, they have less to repent about. And during 4-5 hours they spend per week, they must have no illusion of getting any fame, any glory or any appreciation from anyone. And they should be prepared to face contempt from many. If they read the biography of Batukeshwar Dutt, they will understand this better.
The RRP-activists must never ever expect any appreciation from people around or citizens at large. The day they start hoping that some appreciation should come — that’s the day they would be disappointed and may leave RRP activism for good. Lest such day would come, I request all RRP activists not to expect any activism from day one. And the day they want appreciation, they should take interval from RRP activism
13.25 Can mass-movement ever be successful?
Please note that my method to bring RTR-drafts in Gazette depends on mass-movement and not election-winning. Election-contesting is there , only to strengthen mass-movement. But election-winning is neither needed, not deemed sufficient because if after winning elections, the new MPs will oppose RTR-drafts.
So a question comes — can mass-movement happen in India? Will mass-movement ever be become strong enough that PM will print RTR-drafts in the Gazette? I have answered these questions in chap-14.
The hard part in RTR movement is the following most likely scenario –
1. RTR-drafts get printed in Gazette and the citizens gain
2. activists who have spent time and money will get no more than what an average citizen will gain
3. no fame, no power, no glory, no appreciation and no recognition ; not even from people close to you and know you
4. worse, you may get contempt from people near you for several reasons
So to all activists, who are spending over 4 hours a week on true-activism, such as publicizing Right to Recall drafts, I strongly urge them to read as many biographical articles as they can. This will make them plan to face the situation, that they may never get any even appreciation. And when they actually get no appreciation, the mental damage will be less.
RTR-activism is a 100% give-away. And it becomes clear from day-1 to every activist, that personal gains are zero. Unlike other ideologies and parties, RTR-campaign give no illusions. So only utterly 100% selfless person will spend time/money in spreading information on RTR-drafts. This may make the movement slow, but will make it non-decreasing.
° Try to summarize life of Batukeshwar Dutt in one line
° Try to summarize directive an activist may draw from the life of Batukeshwar Dutt in one line