(A detailed version of this chapter in notes #301.012 on http://facebook.com/mehtarahulc )
GN means Gazette Notification i.e. an order issued by Cabinet Ministers to Secretaries, Collectors and citizens. GNs are binding on officers and citizens unless and until canceled by some judges. This chapter has some of the 200 GNs I at RRP have proposed.
12.1 The first, only and non-negotiable demand
The first GN I propose, namely TCP is as follows –
o Collector would put citizen’s affidavit (if citizen wants) on website of PM/CM for a fee
o Patwari/Talati would allow citizens to register Yes-No on any affidavit for Rs 3/- fee.
o Yes-No count is not binding on PM, CM etc
The TCP is proposed at National, State as well as City/District, Tahsil and Gram levels
12.2 The next five important proposals
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on MRCM : MRCM draft enacts procedures so that the royalties from mineral mines and rents from Govt plots go as — 1/3rd to India’s Military and 2/3rd amongst citizens of India. Details : Say Rs 30000 crores is collected in the month of say Jan-2008 from land rent from GoI plots and GoI mineral ores. Then as per this MRCM draft Rs 10,000 crores will go to the Military and Rs 200 will go to each of the 100 cr citizens. Essentially, each citizen will have an account in local SBI or post office, from where he can collect the cash once a month. If every citizen collects cash once a month, GoI will need no more than 120,000 clerks. Existing PSU banks have over 600,000 clerks. So giving mineral ore royalties and land rent to citizens is manageable.
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on Right to Recall Police Chief : Enact law by which citizens can replace District Police Chief
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on Right to Recall PM\CM : Enact law by which citizens can replace CM\PM before election
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on Right to Recall SC-Cj : Enact constitutional Gazette Notification by which we commons can expel/replace the Supreme Court Chief judge if the need be, with the approval of the existing Supreme Court judges.
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on Reducing Reservation : Enact a law that would decrease reservation with support of poor SC, ST and OBCs (details are given in chap-36).
Constitutional validity of Right to Recall PM, CM SC-Cj etc (demand no. 2-4)
Some eminent intellectuals have been wrongly campaigning that our drafts to materialize demands no. 2-4 are unconstitutional. They are all wrong. The drafts I have proposed are 100% Constitutional.
Blanket Commitment to Democracy
I will try to raise a mass movement asking the commons of India to force the CMs\PM to print TCP draft. If such a mass movement doesn’t happen, I have nothing to offer. When if the mass movement for TCP happens and succeeds to force PM to print TCP-GN, then I will register about 100-200 affidavits each containing drafts of one GN. After that, I will ask citizens to register YESes at Talati’s (Patwari’s) offices over these affidavits .
I do not insist that citizens make me or my men MPs to get these GNs passed. Nor I shall never ever lobby before MPs, MLAs, CMs or PM to get these laws passed. I will not stop MPs and MLAs of any party from enacting any of the laws we have proposed. But I will ask only the citizens to enact these laws and not the MPs, MLAs.
To PM, CM, MPs and MLAs, I have one and only one request : please print TCP draft.
12.3 Some petty demands
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether citizens should be allowed to change the ration card shop, If that happens, kerosene theft and theft of other ration goods will decrease
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether to allow the citizens to change gas cylinder agency
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether to manufacture 3 liter and 5 liter cooking gas cylinders, so that poor can afford it
- Decrease gas cylinder fees from Rs 1100 to its cost only
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether to enact procedures by which citizens can replace District Education Officer, Chief Office, Municipal Commissioner, District Police Chief, State Transport Chairman, Municipal Transport Chairman etc
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether , as Gandhiji, Sardar and Jawaharlal demanded in 1931, give weapons to all citizens
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether to apply uniform taxes on all theaters tickets
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether to allow citizens to take their own food in the theater after paying Rs 5 per kg fee to check the goods that they are free from explosives.
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether we should print procedures in Gazette, so that we citizens get 2/3rd of the mineral royalties
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether we should print procedures in Gazette so that we citizens get 2/3rd of land rent from all GoI plots like IIMA plot, JNU plot, all airport plots etc
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether we should print procedures in Gazette by which we commons of India can replace the RBI chief
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether we should print procedures in Gazette to enact wealth tax of 1% of market value of non-agricultural land above 25 sqmt per person
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether we should print procedures in Gazette to abolish regressive taxes such as excise, VAT, sales tax, service tax, octroi, GST etc
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether we should print procedures in Gazette that would create economic incentives for having few children
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether we should print procedures in Gazette that would impose fines for having 4th kids, and much later, impose fines for having 3rd kids.
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether we should print procedures in Gazette to provide higher rents and royalties for elders to create pension for elders
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether we should print procedures in Gazette to enact law that Govt shall give land only by auction and not by discretion of the Ministers
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether the Military must get 1/3rd of the mineral royalties
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether the Military should get 1/3rd of land rent from all GoI plots like IIMA plot, JNU plot, Ahmedabad airport, Mumbai airport plot etc
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether wealth tax of 1% of market value of non-agricultural land above 25 sq meters per person, and use that fund on military only.
- Increase the number of soldiers from 10 lakhs to 40 lakhs
- Increase the salaries of soldiers by 200%
- Increase weapon manufacturing; recruit lakhs of engineers, labor to manufacture weapons
- Introduce compulsory weapon use education for all teenagers and adults.
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether, right to bear weapons be made a Fundamental Right. ; ad make weapon bearing compulsory for all citizens of India
- Conduct ten 3000 kiloton atmospheric nuclear tests and forty nuclear tests to be par with China.
- Increase the nuclear arsenal of India to establish parity with China
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on : Increase custom’s duty to 300%. Give 1/3rd of Customs Duty to citizens. (Aside : I have proposed that 33% of customs should directly go to citizens. This provision is only for customs. There is no such proposal for Income Tax, Wealth Tax or any other internal tax)
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on : whether procedures by which we commons can replace the District Police Chief should be printed in Gazette.
- Enact National-ID system, so that it becomes easy for policemen to track accused etc.
- Computerize all police stations and police records, give PC to every policeman
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on enacting Jury System over Policemen, so that citizens can expel misfit policeman using Jury Trial
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on wealth tax of 0.5% of market value of non-agricultural land above 25 sq meters per person, and use that fund on Police, Courts only.
- Increase salaries of policemen by 100% , in steps as corruption decreases
- Increase number of policemen from 15 lakhs to 45 lakhs in India
- Recruit policemen strictly via written exams and physical tests (no interviews)
- Transfers of policemen should be using random allotment (no discretion).
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether citizen be allowed to register YES/NO on a PIL at Patwari’s office after showing voter-ID and paying Rs 3 fee. The YES/NO counts will not be binding on the judge.
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether all the courts records be placed on the Govt website
- The parties will be informed about their case status by emails, SMS in all languages, along with usual postal mails and notices.
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether : procedures by which we commons can replace Chief judges in Supreme, High and District courts, and all senior judges in Supreme, High and District Courts, be printed in Gazette.
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether, Jury based procedures using which citizens can expel junior judges at local courts, be printed in Gazette.
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether, judge system be abolished and Jury System be enactedin Supreme, High and Lower Courts so that cross-nepotism (judges favoring other judges’ relatives) and judge-lawyer-criminal nexuses end.
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether the Chief Judges and 4 senior judges of Supreme, High and District Courts should be elected ; and all other judges be recruited via written exams only and have no interviews.
- Enact National-ID system, to properly record summons, warrants, cases and case histories
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether to enact a wealth tax of 0.5% of market value of non-agricultural land above 100 sq meters per person, and use that fund on Police, Courts only.
- Increase number of courts from 16000 to 100000 to resolve 3 crore cases within 6 years.
- All transfers of judges would be via random allotment only, no discretion of HCjs or SCjs.
- Introduce law education from class VI (or whenever parents say) .
- Also teach law to all adults
- Every time there is a trial, 20 citizens chosen at random will be required to attend the trial (to increase awareness about courts in citizenry)
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether Trial by Majority should printed in the Gazette. In Trial by Majority — any individual can register himself as “Agree to Trial by Majority” at District, State or National, and the GN-draft will apply only on these individuals at that level. On such person, if over 50% of citizen-voters in that District, State or India demand imprisonment of N years to life, and fine of Rs X, then PM shall implement those punishment on him. The law-draft will not apply on those who do not register themselves as “Agree to Trial by Majority”.
- Enact National-ID system to record individuals’ information
- Enact procedures by which citizens can replace District Education Officer (DEO) , RBI Governor, CMs, PM, about 10 positions at National Level, about 20 positions at State/District levels.
- Recruitments strictly via written exams
- All transfers would be via random selection only
- Enact Jury based procedures using which citizens can expel unfit junior officers (please Google on Coroner’s Inquest for details).
- Create an accurate land record database and make all registration of all sales, PoA compulsory.
- Put the wealth and income statements of each MP, MLA, Minister, CM, PM, IAS, IPS, judge, senior employee in granted college\school and their close relatives on the Govt website
- Disclose the wealth and income of each trust and company in which MP, MLA, Minister, CM, PM, IAS, IPS, judge and his close relative is a partner or a trustee on the Govt website
12.4 GNs to reduce poverty deaths and support elders
12.5 GNs to improve the Military
12.6 GNs we demand to improve Police
12.7 GNs we demand to improve courts
12.8 GNs we demand to improve the administration in general
12.9 Right to Recall Drafts
Using TCP, gather public opinion whether Right to Recall on following positions should be printed in the Gazette. Each one is an Gazette Notification and it is 100% Constitutional. We do not need any legislation or any Constitutional Amendment.
|Positions over with RRP has proposed, demanded Right to Recall (as on Apr-28-2010)
(* – means new position )
|1||Prime Minister||Chief Minister||Mayor
|2||Supreme Court Chief judge||High Court Chief judges||District Court Principal judge|
|3||Four Senior SCjs||Four Senior HCjs||Four Senior District Court judges|
|4||Jury Administrator of India (*)||State Jury Administrator (*)||District Jury Administrator (*)|
|5||National Land Rent Officer (*)||State Land Rent Officer (*)|
District Panchayat Member
Tahsil Panchayat Member
Gram Panchayat Member
|7||Governor, Reserve Bank of India||State Chief Accountant||District Accountant|
|8||Chairman, State Bank of India|
|9||Solicitor General of India
Attorney General of India
|Solicitor General of State
Attorney General of State
|District Chief Public Prosecutor
District Civil Pleader
|10||Chairman, Medical Council of India||Chairman, State Medical Council|
|11||Home Minister of India
|Home Minister of State
|District Police Commissioner|
|12||Finance Minister of India||Finance Minister of State|
|13||Education Minister of India
National Textbook Officer
|Education Minister of State
State Textbook Officer
|District Education Officer|
|14||Health Minister of India||Health Minister of State||District Health Officer|
|15||UGC Chairman||University Vice Chancellor||Ward School Principal|
|16||Agriculture Minister of India||Agriculture Minister of State|
|17||Civil Supplies Minister of India||State Civil Supplies Minister||District Supply Officer|
|18||Comptroller Auditor General of India||State Chief Auditor||District Chief Auditor|
|20||National Power Minister||State Power Minister||District Power Supply Officer|
|21||Chairman, Central Board of Direct Taxation ,
Chairman, Central Board of Indirect Taxation
|State Tax Collection Officer||District Taxation Officer|
|22||Railway Minister||State Transport Minister||City Transport Officer|
|24||National Electricity Regulator||State Electricity Regulator|
|25||Central Telecom Minister||State Telecom Minister (*)||District Telecom Cable Officer (*)|
|26||District Water Supply Officer|
|27||Central Election Commissioner||State Election Commissioner|
|28||National Petroleum Minister||State Petroleum Minister|
|29||National Coal Minister
National Mineral Minster
|State Coal Minister
State Mineral Minister
|30||Chairman, Archeological Survey of India||Chairman, State Archeological Survey|
|31||Chairman, National History Council||Chairman, State History Council|
|32||UPSC Chairman||State Public Service Commission Chairman|
|33||Central Govt Recruitment Board Chairman||State Govt Recruitment Board Chairman||District Recruitment Board Chairman|
|34||Chairman, National Woman’s Commission (women voters can replace her)||Chairman, State Woman’s Commission||Chairman, District Woman’s Commission|
|35||Chairman, National Dalit Atrocity Prevention Commission (Dalit voters can replace her)||Chairman, State Dalit Atrocity Prevention Commission||Chairman, District Dalit Atrocity Prevention Commission|
|36||National Charity Commissioner||State Charity Commissioner|
|37||National Bar Council Chairman||State Bar Council Chairman||District Bar Council Chairman|
|38||National Lokpal||State Lok Ayukt||District Lok Ayukt|
|39||National Information Commissioner||State Information Commissioner||District Information Commissioner|
|40||——–||State Adulteration Control Officer||District Adulteration Control Officer|
|41||Editor, National Newspaper||Editor, State Newspaper||Editor, District Newspaper|
|42||Editor, National Newspaper for Women (recallable by women voters)||Editor, State Newspaper for Women (recallable by women voters)||Editor, District Newspaper for Women (recallable by women voters)|
|43||Chairman, Doordarshan||Chairman, State Doordarshan||Chairman, District Channel|
|44||Chairman, All India Radio||Chairman, State Radio Channel||Chairman, District Radio Channel|
|45||Chairman, National-ID System||Chairman, State-ID system|
|46||Chairman, National Land Record System||Chairman, State Land Record System||Chairman, District Land Record System|
Speaker, Legislative Council
|Speaker, District Panchayat
Speaker, Tahsil Panchayat
|Chairman, State Petrol Co.|
The list is as on May-07-2010. The list only increases, does not decrease.
12.10 GNs we demand to improve taxation
- Enact National-ID system to record wealth, land holding, incomes and transactions
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether to enact a wealth tax which is 2% of market value of non-agricultural land for above 25 sq meters per person
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether to abolish regressive taxes such as excise, GST, VAT, sales tax, service tax, octroi etc
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether to abolish section 80G of income tax act and also abolish section 35AC
- Religious trust would get exemption of Rs 200 per member per year; all trusts including religious trusts would pay income tax, wealth tax and other taxes at corporate rate.
- Citizens’ Review over any Income Tax collection as well as exemption clause.
- Abolition of all tax benefits given to SEZs
- Enact National Person-ID system in one year and later enact Citizen-ID system
- Enact law-draft that employer must report employees’ Person-ID, punish the employers who dont report IDs.
- Enact Jury based tribunals to expel illegal Bangladeshies from India or at least North East
- Expel Bangladeshies by using “family trees” built from the National Person-ID system, DNA data and using Jury based Tribunals
- Using National Level referendum type procedures, merge JK with Himachal Pradesh and Uttaranchal to control strife in Kashmir valley.
- Abolish Art-370
- Encourage people from other parts to start industries in JK
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether to enact laws for prompt divorce, alimony and child custody for abused women
- Prompt rental housing for divorced or separated women from Govt
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether to abolish 498A and DVA
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether to enact law to conduct narco-test in public over usurers (those who charge huge rate of interest, soodkhor) and imprison them
- Enact system to resolve loan defaults
- If tenant is earning over Rs 500,000 a year, allow rent increase as per market variation.
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether to a concept in Company Act of “Company wholly owned by Indian Citizens” (CWIC) should be added in the company act. If a company is chartered as CWIC when founded, then only non-NRI citizens of India, who are not citizens , resident of other countries can own share in this company.
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether to only CWIC be allowed to work in cable, telecom, defense, mining and such other strategic business.
- Only CWIC companies and Indian citizens can own land or lease land and buildings for a period longer than 5 years.
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether to abolish dual-citizenship. Those who have given up Indian Citizenship or those who have Indian roots could be given 10 year window to re-claim Indian citizenship after they have given away other citizenships they have acquired. After this 10 year window, the option of re-acquiring Indian citizenship will be closed for good.
- Put information on citizenship, residency status of each Govt employee and all his relatives on internet, so that citizens can form opinion on whether he should be given how much powers.
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether to expel all IAS, IPS, MPs, judges etc who have applied for Green Cards in foreign countries
- Govt will not run any temples, places of religion. If temples are currently under Govt, the Govt would hand them over to community trusts within 1 year.
- Enforce IPC Section 295A to stop all types of insults against all religions. This will include running trial against M F Hussein and trial against those who drew picture of Mohammad.
- Abolish course in Astrology in Govt colleges ; the private colleges may continue
- Allow only process patents in medicine
12.11 GNs we demand reduce infiltration of Bangladeshies
12.12 GNs we demand to save Jammu and Kashmir
12.13 GNs we demand to improve civil laws
12.14 GNs to reduce MNC takeover and re-enslaving of India
12.15 Other material demands
12.16 Other symbolic demands
Most of our 100-120 demands are material. In addition we have following symbol related demands :
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether to ban “jana gana mana” which was sung to welcome the British King, and refers to the British King as “bharat bhagya vidhata” i.e. God. This song is sign of slavery and so we shall ban it in all Govt offices and functions. The private parties will be free to sing this song.
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether to remove all portraits etc of Ravindranath Tagore outside West Bengal. Inside West Bengal, the citizens of West Bengal will decide.
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether to make ‘Vande Mataram’ as the National Anthem
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether to remove pictures of Mohanbhai from all Govt documents etc including currency notes and replace it with pictures of Rashtrapita Mahatma Subhash Chandra Bose, Mahatma Bhagat Singh etc.
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether to declare Subhash Chandra Bose as Rashtrapita.
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether to declare The Navy Revolt day i.e.18-Feb as Independence Day instead of Aug-15
- Using TCP, gather public opinion on whether to rename cities such as Aurangabad to Sambhajinagar etc. In general, any city named after a unsecular and intolerant kings such as Aurangzeb etc should be renamed. The demand has NOTHING to do with Hinduvaad or anti-Islam. If there is a city named after tolerant king like Akbar or Dara Shikoh, we have nothing against it. But there should be no city named after intolerant kings.
- We want new cities to be named after revolutionaries such as Bhagatji, Azad, Bismillah etc.
12.17 How can YOU help in bringing these drafts in Gazette?
Please read chap-13 of this book http://rahulmehta.com/301.pdf . It has several steps where-in you can spend 4 hours a week and help to bring Right to Recall law-drafts in India.
- What is section 80G of income tax act? Does RRP support or oppose this 80G section?
- What % of land rent from IIMA plot we RRP want Indian Military to get?
- What should be the strength of Police and Military as stipulated by RRP?
- Does MRCM Group support interviews in recruiting judges?
- Why does MRCM Group support tax benefits given to SEZs?
- Does MRCM Group oppose, support 498A, DVA?
- Can Indian born American citizen buy share a “CWIC company” as proposed by RRP?
- Please translate this chapter into your native language