(A detailed version of this chapter in notes #301.028 on http://facebook.com/mehtarahulc )
Download this chapter 28 : http://www.righttorecall.info/301.pdf
28.1 Abolishing interviews
There is rampant nepotism in recruitment in judiciary, executive and police, along with usual corruption. Much of the nepotism and corruption is because of discretionary powers and interviews. One of my proposal at my MRCM Party is to reduce nepotism by canceling interviews and confine to broad based written recruitment exams at all entry level positions and Govt colleges. If the person is in-appropriate, the Jury can expel him, but recruitment wont involve any interviews. Further, we will cancel interviews in all exams inside all colleges, including medical colleges. Using TCP, I propose to enact GNs that will abolish interviews at all entry level positions in administration and courts, and encourage written exams (and or physical tests where applicable).
28.2 Brain Mapping, Truth serum test by approval of Jury
Using TCP, I propose to enact the following law, which can be used to administer brain mapping and truth serum test on junior officers :
1. If anyone is accused of rape or murder or corruption, and if over 13 out of 25 Jurors demand TST (TST = Truth Serum Test) or brain mapping on the accused or complainer, then unless majority of citizens block TST or brain mapping, the investigating officers will conduct TST on the accused
2. If the accused is accused of a crime other than rape or murder, and accused is not a Govt employee, then approval of over 18 out of 25 Jurors will suffice for truth serum test.
3. If the accused is accused of a crime other than rape or murder, and accused is a Govt employee, then approval of over 13 out of 25 Jurors will suffice for truth serum test.
4. If over 18 out of 25 Jurors approve, then TST will be telecast live.
5. If accused demands TST, then TST will be given immediately.
6. If the complainer demands TST on him, then TST will be given immediately.
The fear of TST will deter people, including Govt officials, from committing crimes. TST is deterrent in many ways. In most cases of corruption, more than one govt officer is involved. Say some corruption opportunity involves 5 officers. Then each one will be worried of expose, in case any other officer undergoes Truth Serum Test in future !! It is not present they will worry about — they will also be worried about the possibility of other colleague undergoing narco-test in 2-5-10 years from now, and leaking all the information. So possibility of narco-test on other colleague officers in future will also act as deterrent.
28.3 National ID system
The National-ID system is useful to log details of common citizens as well as govt officers good and bad actions. The details of the GN drafts needed to create National-ID system is in chap-31 .
28.4 RRP demands to reduce wasteful expenses
We propose following GN drafts to control the wasteful expenses
1. Every transfer out of ANY Govt account and cashbook will be published on Govt website with details of expenses such as project code, operations amount, date task performed , date payment made etc
2. The expense record will also have explicit mention of the names of the officers who recommended and cleared the expenses
3. The record will also show the full details of the receivers
4. If any citizen has evidences to show that the expenses were wasteful, then he may approach the Grand Jurors, who may approve the trial
5. If the Jurors are convinced that the expense was wasteful, they may expel, fine the officer.
The threat of Jurors’ expelling the officer would be sufficient to reduce the wasteful expenses.
28.5 Publishing wealth disclosures of Govt Employees
Every Govt officers (including judges) and his spouse, kids would be required to file disclosures of the wealth they have and the wealth of their trusts and companies they own. This will enable citizens to decide whether they should be supported or not. In addition, every Govt officer would be required to give a list of all his close relatives who are serving in Govt. This can be used by citizens to get an idea about the nepotism in the administration.
28.6 Other party’s and intellectuals stand on reducing nepotism , filing disclosures
The leaders of other parties and all intellectuals have opposed canceling interviews. They insist that interviews must be taken. And most party’s leaders have opposed disclosure of assets owned by Govt officers, judges, Ministers etc. And almost all of them oppose broad based election of 35-50 officials at District, State and National levels. If citizens are directly electing/replacing District Police Chief, this reduces the incomes of CM who appoint/transfer them. We request all citizens to ask their favorite party’s leaders on what they intend to do on issue of strengthening the Military and decide if they are worth voting for. And we also request activists to ask intellectuals on this issue, and decide if they are worth following.
28.7 What can YOU do reduce corruption, nepotism in middle and lower levels?
Please read chap-13 of this book http://rahulmehta.com/301.htm . It has several steps where-in you can spend 6 hours a week and help to bring TCP draft in Gazette in India. The steps involve distributing pamphlets, informing citizens on motives of leaders such Congress MPs, BJP MPs, The Anna etc who oppose TCP draft, by giving newspaper ads, contesting elections. Once TCP gets printed in Gazette, using TCP, it will become easy for activists to get citizens opinion on following drafts – abolition of interview, randomized and non-discretionary transfers, Narco-Test in public by approval of Jury etc. This will reduce the corruption and sell-outs at middle and lower places.
1. Please provide the drafts of the laws BJP MPs proposed in Assembly, Parliament to reduce corruption in admin
2. Please provide the drafts of the laws CPM MPs proposed in Assembly, Parliament to reduce corruption in admin
3. Please provide the drafts of laws Congress MPs proposed in Assembly, Parliament to reduce corruption in admin
4. Please provide draft of the law-draft to reduce nepotism in interview process
5. In 2003, intellectuals demanded that election candidates should be required to disclose wealth. Why do intellectuals oppose the demand that judges to should be required to disclose wealth?
6. Many leaders have wealth stashed in their charitable trusts. Then also intellectuals oppose the proposal that candidates should be required to give wealth return of their charitable trusts. Why?